A Lenten Study for 2010

We'll all read Max Lucado's Six Hours One Friday on the following schedule:
Feb 17-20 Chapter 1
Feb 21-27 Ch 2-3-4
Feb 28-Mar 6 Ch 5-6-7
Mar 7-13 Ch 8-9-10
Mar 14-20 Ch 11-12-13
Mar 21-27 Ch 14-15-16
Mar 28-Apr 3 Ch 17-18-19
Apr 4 Happy Easter!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Come to Me ~Jesus

I have so much to tell you about the Sweet Life Cafe Getaway Weekend! I will be pouring it out, likely a drop or two at a time! Suffice it to say for now, it was fabulous! This verse comes to mind from Ephesians 3.20-21

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

God certainly did that - beyond expectation - and we give Him the glory!

In keeping with our Six Hours reading, do what you must to listen to a snippet from our theme song from the weekend. [If the link doesn't work, go to the site, click on store and play, "Come Worship the Lord."] It is based on the verse from our reading (Chapter 2) and is an open invitation to each of us today.

https://www.shannonwexelberg.com/files/ecommerce/album_16/Come_Worship_the_Lord.mp3

My prayer is that you will run to His arms today for whatever you need, wherever you are! Know His love for you, bask in it, and leave your burdens at His feet.

2 comments:

  1. I just returned "home" (my South Africa apartment) from a retreat in the North West Province. It was very still there, mountains and grass, a trickling brook. Amidst swimming and hiking and chatting and game playing, we studied the book of Habakkuk. Such a tiny little book in the great big Bible, but with such a compelling message about clinging to faith in God in times of struggle.

    My struggles are enormously small in comparison to the tribulations that pain the lives of many people. But this Lenten season, I've been thinking a lot about my propensity to stress - and I mean really become anxiety-ridden - about these enormously small struggles. I thought I'd give up stress for Lent, but I wasn't really sure how, or if it counts, or if it's even possible to give up stress. For me, stress is a habit, a default reaction, and like any habit, it's not easy to quit.

    The teaching from Habakuk reminded me that struggles - big and small - are here to stay on this side of heaven. But in times of struggle, we can remind ourselves of what we DO know about God - his sovereignty, his promises, his love, his mercy... Our joy does not come from our circumstances, but rather the hope we have in and through Christ.

    This Lenten season, I can't just "give-up" stress, I have to replace it with a new habit, a new truth to cling to. Like Habakkuk, I can remind myself of God's sovereign control over all things, big and small. Like Habakkuk, I can say "YET", in contrast and contradiction to the stress. The stress may be here to stay, "YET, I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet lie the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights." (Habakkuk 3:18-19)

    I'm looking forward to what God will do in this new default reaction to stress - my "YET".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the special card we McInturff-created for "Sequence"? It gave you the right to "remove & replace." That's what you're doing and what Lent is all about! He really is the Blessed Controller of ALL Things! Proud of you and praying for you, my precious daughter.

    ReplyDelete