A Lenten Study for 2010

We'll all read Max Lucado's Six Hours One Friday on the following schedule:
Feb 17-20 Chapter 1
Feb 21-27 Ch 2-3-4
Feb 28-Mar 6 Ch 5-6-7
Mar 7-13 Ch 8-9-10
Mar 14-20 Ch 11-12-13
Mar 21-27 Ch 14-15-16
Mar 28-Apr 3 Ch 17-18-19
Apr 4 Happy Easter!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fish and Trees

While Gary was fixing supper tonight, I sat nearby and read to him. He loved it. I read aloud "The Tale of Three Trees," a great parable, captured in a children's book. Especially at this time of year. A beautifully written illustration of God's redemptive work, taking our live circumstances and using all things for His perfect plan - even when we wonder what in the world is going on!

Gary was still listening and still cooking, so I read more. I read chapter 12 of Six Hours...
"The Fish and the Falls, a legend of grace." I know there was a time in my life when I wouldn't have "gotten" it. But, boy, do I now! All my strongest, bravest efforts in vain. Saved only by His amazing grace, His free gift.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts! Feel free to email me if you don't want to post.
And have a fantastic day!

1 comment:

  1. I've always been filled with gratitude at "HIs amazing grace, His free gift." But recently, my studies have been opening my eyes to this: His gift of grace is FREE FOR ME, but it's not FREE. In fact, it is incredibly costly to the triune God - the very one who lived a perfect life, sacrificing EVERYTHING so that I may receive his grace, his crown, the honor and glory that HE deserved. I'm now more than filled with gratitude...I am completely overcome, flattened at this humbling truth. God never has, and never will OWE me a thing - free or not. It's only by the very costly sacrifice of Jesus on the cross that I am offered an incredibly valuable gift - one that is free for me, but cost Him everything.

    ReplyDelete